sabato 10 aprile 2021

Online theatre workshops in times of pandemics - Hamlet, monologue

Leggi l'informativa su Privacy & Cookie a lato, all'interno della stessa trovi le modalità per non aderire. Se vuoi aderire è sufficiente che prendi visione e continui la navigazione sul nostro blog. Grazie

English, Italian Version

Dear friends all,

I want to share with you a personal thought on life: my life!
So far, my life has travelled a different path than usual. Although I have lived through some challenging times, I don't want to cry because I've always found a way to move to a favourable situation.
This is the hope I want to leave to the boys and girls who work with me. We entered a pandemic suddenly, and I still remember that day:

I was in the car with my husband. My cousin wrote me a message that something was happening because they were cancelling all flights.
I travelled by plane for the first time at the age of 6, it was his father who came to pick me up, and since then, I have travelled half the world flying, and no airport had been closed. Indeed others were opened. 
Year after year, airports, borders, friendships, meetings, everything opened up ... that day suddenly everything closed up, fast and inexorable.

This is the second Easter that we have closed at home, each one his house, few people, no parties, no hugs. 
This year, I invented online workshops for kids aged 9 and up. Workshops that took us away from closure but carried us towards a positive mental openness. 
This is how my online laboratories of theatre, languages, storytelling and finally, a newspaper were born Il Giornale del Bosco.

The theatre workshop in English was a real gamble. Luckily, I'm brave and enterprising: a laboratory of 20 "40-minutes" meetings. 
We spent half the time studying the history of theatre, Shakespeare, monologues, dialogues in English. The other half of the time, to rehearse monologues. I want to especially thank www.dramanotebook.com and Janea Dahl to support the material, the tips, the tricks, the encouragement, a fantastic job. Thank you, Janea Dahl.

Serious monologues and funny monologues, position, tone of voice, gaze but above all being able to be me and also the character, to see what is not there while you are in the role and, at the same time, to see what is there while you are yourself, because putting yourself in the part of the character does not mean going out of your own, but keeping both of them.
Try to look a broom in the face and show your character a ghost and, without laughing, talk to him about death in English.
Please do not call the psychologists to read these lines or declare the theatre in its entirety borderline.

We had fun with Leone and Emily (of which we will soon publish the video of a completely different kind of monologue). 
Meanwhile, let's see the work that Leone has done: understand the text that is not easy, memorize it, keep the character in any situation and act knowing that they record you and then be published on youtube. I prepared a video about Leone like those at the end of the films showing what's behind the films.
Bravo Leone!!



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Puoi lasciare qui un commento: